Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Save non certified copy of certified pdf

Level 1

INTRODUCTION:

I have created a form using Livecycle Designer 8.2 and Acrobat 9.4.

Its intended users are trusted people in the company so distribution is performed manually and security is not an issue.

1. Upon being opened with Reader 9.4.1, the form's docReady event handler calls a trusted function (located in a .js file in the JavaScripts folder) which calls importXFAData() to populate a text field with a user name retrieved from an xml file.
  2. The user then enters a date into a text field.
  3. The user clicks a Save button on the form which performs the following:
    1. Set the presence of the Save button to invisible.
    2. Set the access of the date field to readOnly.
    3. Uses a trusted function to call saveAs() to save a copy of the form with no (pencil tool) signature. This will be printed off and signed by hand.
    4. Set the presence of the Save button to visible again.
  4. The user then uses the pencil tool to sign the form.
  5. They then click the Save button on the form which does the same thing as before, but the copy of the pdf form saved this time already contains a signature so they just keep this version on file without printing it.

After creating the form with Livecycle I used Acrobat to save the form with Enable Use Rights in Adobe Reader (click Advanced->Extend Features in Adobe Reader). This is so that the annotations (pencil tool) and programmatic saving is allowed in Reader.

After that I used Certify without Visible Signature, and I made up a Digital ID and permitted Annotations, form fill-in, and digital signatures. This is so that it allowed importXFAData() to import data from the xml file.

MY ISSUE:

I want the copies that are being saved (programmatically) to be saved without the certificate.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I noticed that after adding the certificate that in the Signatures tab in Reader my certificate is displayed and if expanded it reveals that it has a Field associated with is called SignatureField1 (invisible signature).

The closest thing I could find to remove this was a function called removeField(), however I have no idea where to place the call to this in Livecycle, and if I use this to remove the SignatureField1 right before saving the first copy then the certificate won't be there to allow the second copy to be saved.

1 Reply

Level 1

I realise this may be beyond most people's knowledge of Livecycle but I was hoping someone working on Livecycle or Acrobat would have a deeper insight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.