Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Save method for digital signatures

Level 3

Hi - I have several thousand forms all set up for digital signatures, which I use for locking down the form fields (render read-only). This works fine. The problem I have is that when a user digitally signs the form, they automatically get asked to Save As - with a default location on the local machine. Can this be changed to allow the user to simply save and overwrite the form in its original location. Of course there is a danger with doing this, but users with document/case management systems do not necessaritly know where to save the document, so basically they want to open up the form from their CMS/DMS, complete it, digitally sign it and simply save (automatically back in the location they launched it from.

Does anyone know where I can even look - I have trawled the registry, the digital signature settings, etc, but no luck.

2 Replies

Level 7

Are you using Reader / Acrobat to sign these forms? I believe this is a feature of Acrobat's signature handling in general than a specific feature of XFA forms.

Level 3

Hi - these are all reader extended through Livecycle ES Reader extensions and are signed by users in Reader. What I am asking is if anyone has an idea where this behaviour is declared, so that I can change it.