Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Save As?

Level 1

Is there a way to make a "Save As" Button in LiveCycle Designer 8?   I need my customer to be able to fill out the form, print, email and save.

8 Replies

Level 10

Place a regular button on the form and write the following code in the click event of the button using Java Script as language.

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Ok I created the Button but can’t find where to add the “Click Event”?

Julie Morgan

A-B&C Enterprises | 303-781-1788 | fax 303-781-1238

4111 S. Natches Ct. | Unit J | Englewood, CO 80110

Check Out Our Website: www.abc-ent.com

Level 10

Check the below image.. It gives you an idea how to get the Script editor and where to choose the Click event from.

https://acrobat.com/#d=rsCC1f9e-ZIRp1Nf8RJWEQ

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Ok I tried and still cant save in Adobe Reader – I get this error:

I am new to this program and must be missing something . . .

Julie

Level 3

Hi Julie:

Did you so as Srini suggested??

Basically you make a basic button in designer, then in under the sctipt editor tab make sure the language is "javascript", and you select "click"  from the show dropdown, then copy and paste

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs")

Then once you have done that, save..

Then open in Acrobat pro and entend the reader rights

To do this:

Open Acrobat Pro > Open File > File Save As > Reader Extended PDF  > Enable Additional Features > Save

Level 1

THANKS – That worked.  Now my next problem.  I’m using the Email Button and it will only send in an .XML format and I need them to be a .PDF file.  Any advice?

Level 3

Use a "Button" rather than an "Email button".  Choose Submit under control type (on the Field page of the Object palette).  A submit page with appear (on the Object palette).  Choose PDF under Submit As.  Then enter the email address in the Submit to URL (mailto:person@company.com)

Hope this helps