Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Roster List users got deselected again and again.

Former Community Member

Hello Experts,

i have the following custom code to bind a <mx:List > control with the list of users currently logged in to the chatroom.

private function BindOnlineUsers():void              

{

try

{                                           

myUserId=cSession.userManager.myUserID;                   

//cSession.userManager.removeUser(myUserId);                                                       

userArray = cSession.userManager.userCollection;                                    

if(userArray.length>0)

{

//Alert.show(UserDescriptor(userArray).userID.toString(),"list",Alert.OK);               

//userArray.removeItemAt(0);//remove Host normally we have only one host

var totalUsers:Number=userArray.length;

var Users:Array=new Array();

var UserRole:int=50;

for( var i:uint=0; i < totalUsers ; i++)

{                    

if((userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).userID != myUserId && ((userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).role) != UserRoles.OWNER )

{

var userObject:Object=new Object();                    

userObject={userID:(userArray.getItemAt(i) as UserDescriptor).userID, displayName:UserDescriptor(userArray.getItemAt(i)).displayName};

Users.push(userObject);                                                                                                       

}

}                              

Users.sortOn("displayName",Array.CASEINSENSITIVE);                                                                                    

lstOnlineUsers.dataProvider = Users;

lstOnlineUsers.labelField = "displayName";

lstOnlineUsers.data="userID";

//lstOnlineUsers.selectedIndex=0;

}

}

To synchronize with the service i have called a function "initializechatconsole" on creationcomplete event of session container as shown below:

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer roomURL="{roomURL}" autoLogin="false" creationComplete="InitializeChatConsole();" authenticator="{auth}" id="cSession"  width="100%" height="100%" > 

in this function i have the code as shown below.see the line marked in red

private function InitializeChatConsole():void

{

try

{

m_chatModel.sharedID = "myChat";

m_chatModel.subscribe();

m_chatModel.addEventListener(ChatEvent.HISTORY_CHANGE, onHistoryChange);

cSession.userManager.userCollection.addEventListener(CollectionEvent.COLLECTION_CHANGE,onDataChange);

//cSession.streamManager.addEventListener(StreamEvent.STREAM_RECEIVE,onStreamRecieved);

chatOutput.addEventListener(ScrollEvent.SCROLL,onHistoryScroll);

chatOutput.verticalScrollPosition = chatOutput.maxVerticalScrollPosition;                   

BindOnlineUsers();

}

catch(e:Error)

{

Alert.show("Error: " + e.message,"Error",Alert.OK);

}

Now the ondatachange function has the following code as given below.

protected function onDataChange(p_evt:CollectionEvent):void

{

switch(p_evt.kind)

{

case CollectionEventKind.ADD:              

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

case CollectionEventKind.REMOVE:

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

case CollectionEventKind.UPDATE:                             

BindOnlineUsers();

break;

}

}             

the functionality of whole code is whenever a new user enters the room the usercollection changes and thus to display the new user in already logged in users RosterList i have to rebind it again.

now my proble is that whenever a new user enters the Roster list refreshes and if the user has selected any users go deselected automatically as the list rebinds again.

as i am new to flex development so please suggest me the best way to sort out this problem

Regards

Amit 

0 Replies