Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Roles and screensharing problems

Level 2

Guys,

i have some questions about Roles and ScreenSharing.

Im building an app that authenticate users in the server side with java. When i authenticate a user as a Publisher or Owner, everything works fine. Users can publish whatever they want. But when i authenticate a user as a Viewer and change (at runtime)  his role to Publisher or Owner i can't publish my screen. The Addin app launch on Windows, it appear on the task bar but nothing happens. It just stays there.

The code im using to authenticate is this:

public String authenticateAsGuest(final myId, final String name, final UsersRole role, String room)
{
     lccsConnect();
     try
     {
          this.authenticateAsAccountOwner();

final Session session = accountManager.getSession( room );
       final String userId = session.getUserID(myId);
       return session.getAuthenticationToken( LCCSCredentials.accessKey(), name, userId, role);
     }
     catch (Exception e)
     {
     throw new Exception("It's not possible to authenticate in LCCS", e);
     }
}

And this is the code im using the change user roles:

public void setUserRole(final String roomName, final String lccsUserId, final UserRole role)
{
     try
     {
          accountManager.setUserRole(roomName, lccsUserId, role);
     }
     catch(Exception e)
     {
     throw new Exception("It was not possible to change user role", e.getCause());
     }
}

So guys, Am i doing something wrong or there is a lccs limitation related to changing user roles?

Regards,

Fausto.

0 Replies