Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rich text fields

Level 4

I created a form with rich text fields in LiveCycle. However, when my users with Acrobat fill in the form, they get this error when trying to use rich text features like bolding text:

This document restructs some Acrobat features to allow for extended features in Adobe Reader. To create a copy of the document that is not restricted (and has no extended features in Reader), click Save a Copy.

How can I allow rich text features and still extend rights to fill in and save in Reader?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That field was not set up as a Rich Text Field. The error would happen whether you are in Acrobat or Reader and it is indicating that you are trying to use a feature that you have not enabled (adding bolding to a Plain Text Field).

You turn on the Rich Text Support by clickinng on the field, then looking at the Object palette  then the Field tab and you will see a field format dropdown that will either say Pailn text or Rich Text. Set it to Rich text.

I modified your sample for that field so you can see. Once you activate the field you can also activate the RichText toolbar by hitting Ctrl-e.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Rich TextFields are not restricted by Reader. The error may not be for the RichText Field.

Can you post an example of the problem and I will try it here.

Paul

Level 4

steps to recreate:

scroll to bottom of form

choose Fill in the Blank

enter text in Question Text field

select text and CTRL + B to bold

Thanks!

Tianna

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That field was not set up as a Rich Text Field. The error would happen whether you are in Acrobat or Reader and it is indicating that you are trying to use a feature that you have not enabled (adding bolding to a Plain Text Field).

You turn on the Rich Text Support by clickinng on the field, then looking at the Object palette  then the Field tab and you will see a field format dropdown that will either say Pailn text or Rich Text. Set it to Rich text.

I modified your sample for that field so you can see. Once you activate the field you can also activate the RichText toolbar by hitting Ctrl-e.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----