Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Reuse of an Assembler in a custom service

Former Community Member

Hi there,

first i have to say, i am pretty new to the whole lcds-stuff

I have a flex-application which reads some data from a datasevice. i designed this service via the modeler plugin for flashbuilder.

from the same flex-application i want to call a servic(remoteObject),which fills the database via another program on the server.

Finaly my question:

Is it possible use the existing assembler-classes in my custom service.

I build an object within the service call and then call addItem from the corresponding assembler. I don't want to write the whole database-insertion-stuff again because the assembler is already using it.Perhaps other clients would be informed if new data arrived?

I hope I don't miss any detail to understand the usecase.

Thank You

Flavy

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi

See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/894049

In brief, you can use the Data Service Transaction API with sendChangesToAdapter set to true to have the assembler perform CRUD operations for you.

If you are using Data Services 4.6, there is a DataServicesAdapter class available at resources/samples/application_state_dashboard/java-src/PushNotificationSample/src/com/adobe/samples/dataservices/push/ which can be used to invoke Data Service Transaction from your own code.

Regards,

Ashish Vashisht

Former Community Member

Thanks that was the answer I was looking for!

BUT...

Where do i find the Java-ValueObjects, which generated by the modeler-plugin? Is the plugin really creating java-sources and compiles that to the backend?

Or do I have to explicit say that i want a CodeGeneration?

According the link above i need them in my custom service, didn't I?

Where do the DataService save "my" model, if i don't generate Code?

I am happy about every answer

Thank You!

Former Community Member

Thank you very much again!

If i set ServerGeneratedEntities to false i overwrite the default of:

"By default, model-generated Java classes for entities reside in-memory on the server" right?

But what means "in-memory"? Where will the Java classes stored if I leave the value on true!

I would be very thankful, if you have a good Starting-Point in the reference-documentation for such Information!

Former Community Member

in-memory means they are generated at runtime and do not exist as .class files in a JAR or the WEB-INF/classes folder. See here for more information on code generation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dataservicesjee/4.6/Modeling/WS896A30FB-BF3F-4688-A761-4E76B1F615BF.html...