Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

C++ Runtime error using LiveCycle Designer


Former Community Member

I have been using Adobe Pro 9 for some time, my system is running XP Professional and Service Pack 3. Each time I edit a form which I am adding tables to the form crashes with the runtime error.  We had a system upgrade for some unrelated software on the weekend and everything worked fine up to that point.

I continue to save each time I add a section in the table, I have edited the form 5 times now with the same result. The file ends up being corrupt with 0bytes.

Can anyone offer advice on this.


2 Replies


Level 9

Hi Christine,

This is a typical problem in LiveCycle Designer ES (8.2). I have faced this issue several times. Though I do not know the actual reason for this. There are many things responsible for this behaviour.

- Is the form opened for several hours in LiveCycle Designer?

- Have you made repeated copy paste operation of the fields as well as of the Javascript?

- Have you saved the form repeatedly for small changes without doing the "Save As" operation?

- Have you long lines of JavaScript?

Few Suggestions might Help...

- Do not open the LiveCycle Designer for longer duration like more than 4 hours. Save changes. Close it and reopen it.

- Instead of doing the "save" operation do the "Save As" operation. It will also help in reducing the size of the form.

- Avoid Copy pasting of the fields or JavaScript always. While you do it, if you see the XMl Source you will some designer id would be added exponentially.

- Use events intelligently.




Former Community Member

Thanks for your response. The form was sitting inside our document management system and we had an upgrade over the weekend and the problem only arose as a result of that upgrade. I was editing the form and working inserting tables, I eventually found another way around, it be deleting the page I was working on and creating the page in a new document and copying and pasting it into the original document and that seemed to work.