Expand my Community achievements bar.

Retrieve data from barcode.

Level 4

Hi all.

I have created a pdf form using LiveCycle Designer which contains some text fields and one 2D barcode which stores data of some selected fields in that form. After completing the form I am able to retrieve data from that barcode but I want to know how to convert that retrived data to ASCII format file ??

Thanks,

Deb.

3 Replies

Level 10

It should be ASCII unless you've got "Compress Data Before Encoding" turned on.

Level 4

Thanks Jono for reply,

Actually I need some more clarification on using of barcode, as if I am selecting "Compress Data Before Encoding" option as ON  then I am getting compreed data but if I am selecting "Compress Data Before Encoding" option as OFF then I am getting normal text data, not ASCII format of data.

e.g. Suppose I have given data "Rahul" in the text field, so when I am scanning barcode I am getting "Rahul" as output of scanning not ASCII format of this word. So how will I get ASCII format of the data?

Thanks,

Deb.

Level 10

I think you would have to write some sort of routine to put ASCII codes into the barcode. As far as I know the barcodes just hold plaintext. I think this would use up more space in the barcode as it would take more characters to describe each character.