Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Retrieve data from barcode.

Level 4

Hi all.

I have created a pdf form using LiveCycle Designer which contains some text fields and one 2D barcode which stores data of some selected fields in that form. After completing the form I am able to retrieve data from that barcode but I want to know how to convert that retrived data to ASCII format file ??

Thanks,

Deb.

3 Replies

Level 10

It should be ASCII unless you've got "Compress Data Before Encoding" turned on.

Level 4

Thanks Jono for reply,

Actually I need some more clarification on using of barcode, as if I am selecting "Compress Data Before Encoding" option as ON  then I am getting compreed data but if I am selecting "Compress Data Before Encoding" option as OFF then I am getting normal text data, not ASCII format of data.

e.g. Suppose I have given data "Rahul" in the text field, so when I am scanning barcode I am getting "Rahul" as output of scanning not ASCII format of this word. So how will I get ASCII format of the data?

Thanks,

Deb.

Level 10

I think you would have to write some sort of routine to put ASCII codes into the barcode. As far as I know the barcodes just hold plaintext. I think this would use up more space in the barcode as it would take more characters to describe each character.