Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Repeating Text Fields for entered data

Level 1

I can't seem to figure it out...

I would like to create a form that is a Record of Daily Activities per client. The Fields for Last Name and Client Number need to be repeated on each subsequent page...without being deleted when a new page starts when the activity field flows onto the next page. I basically want it to work like a Header but allow the user of the pdf to imput the information and have it repeat on the rest of the pages as they add more to the daily activity field.

I've tried a number of things per the "How to" help, but the data entered on the pdf (when complete) doesn't transfer to the other areas, instead, it clears the original entry and creates a new text field on the next page that is not linked to the original. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

One way to handle this is to have 2 Master Pages (1 for the 1st page and 1 for the subsequent pages). You can put the fields you want to see reflecting the content of the field(s) the user interacrs with, on the Master Page(s). Then name them the same, set the Binding to Global and set the Value to ReadOnly.

Good luck!

Stephen

Level 1

Thank you! I forgot about the Global option...I didn't need to add another Master sheet as the information is throughout. It works perfectly!

Thanks again!