Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Repeating Subform Bookmarks

Level 2

Hello,

I have a dynamic form with a repeating Section (Subform) called Section 3. I've created a book mark to the beginning of this Section (1st Instance) by going into the XML Source tab and adding an "extra" tag as shown below. This works great and the bookmark always goes the beginning of the section regardless of how much the form expands and how many new Section 3s are added. However, I would like to dynamically add a bookmark each time the user adds an instance that would link to the beginning of that instance at runtime. Is this possible?

<extras name="bookmark">

<text name="name">Section 3 - Program 1</text>

<text name="color">0,0,0|R,G,B</text>

<text name="style">normal | italic | bold | bold-italic</text>

<text name="action">gotoPage | setFocus | runScript</text>

<text name="script">ANY_FORM_LEVEL_SCRIPT</text>

<!-- JavaScript only. No formcalc support --></extras>

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion. What I ended up doing is creating a navigation page with it's own bookmark which contains a repeating subform with a "Go" button and the name of each Section in a read only Text Field. A new entry is added to this page each time the user creates a new Section. The "Go" button uses setFocus to take the user to each section - similar to a bookmark.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

It's not possible. The PDF-Viewer creates the bookmarks only once while the form is opened, so there is no way to update the bookmarks later.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any other method where the user could navigate to these other than scrolling through. Each instance can be multiple pages and there can be 40 or more instances. That's the issue I'm facing.

Level 10

Hi,

There is a Doc.scroll() method, which allows you to position PDF viewer.

There is a sample, in this blog post. Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Using the Doc.scroll method in a LiveCycle Designer For...

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion. What I ended up doing is creating a navigation page with it's own bookmark which contains a repeating subform with a "Go" button and the name of each Section in a read only Text Field. A new entry is added to this page each time the user creates a new Section. The "Go" button uses setFocus to take the user to each section - similar to a bookmark.