Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Repeating a full section within a form

Level 5

Good Day All;

I am wondering is there is a way I would be able to repeat a whole section the same way I can repeat a row in a table. Let me explain what I am trying to do.

I am designing a form for managers to report of the projects, initiatives .. etc. Since I will never know how many different projects / initiatives a given manager will have, I wanted to design the form so the manager could add an additional section for each of their projects / initiatives.

For example; each section would have fields something like the following that I would want to be able to repeat.

Project name, Project Background   Past Status and Milestones, Current Status and milestones.

I think I have figured out that the section should be in a single “subform”, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have figured out the layout, it is now trying to get the full section to repeat.

Thanks All

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

it's indeed the same method you use for a table row.

If you set the subform to be repeatable (see under Object palette > Binding tab).

Then you can use the addInstance method ot add a new instance of the subform.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

it's indeed the same method you use for a table row.

If you set the subform to be repeatable (see under Object palette > Binding tab).

Then you can use the addInstance method ot add a new instance of the subform.

Level 5

Thanks Radzmar... Works like a charm

Chomp