Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Repeat two header rows in tables correctly

Level 2

Hello,

I have problems with the creation of two row headers in tables, especially with the repetition of these two headers when overflow the table in another page.

I created three tables in one Subform (ASUNTOSP, ASUNTOSN, ASUNTOSO). Each table has two headings (one is the title of the table and another contained the names of the columns). As I need both headers act together, I created a section on them (I do not know if this is correct):
- In each head separately under the option "include header row on the homepage. "
- In the section headings under the option "include header row on subsequent pages"

jerarquía.jpg

This change does not make what I want.

My specific questions are:
- How many headers are created correctly in a table together to repeat if the table overflows?
- If the table overflows, I do not want the two heads appear at the end of a page without accompanying at least one row. In that case, I want the header to appear only on the next page, for there is where the rows of content.
- I want, if possible, also be displayed whenever the two headers.

I hope I explained well.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Level 2

Good morning,
I do not know if I explained it yesterday. By the way, I will present two pictures that show my problem for better understanding.

Case 1: The table "ASUNTOS PENDIENTES" does not fit on page 1 (both the top and at least one row). Thus moving the table on page 2.

imagen1.JPG

Case 2: The table "ASUNTOS PENDIENTES" overflows to page 3. The two headers are correctly repeated on page 3. But the table "ASUNTOS NUEVOS" will disappear the header. However when the table "ASUNTOS NUEVOS" overflows to page 4, the header appears (as opposed to what happened on page 3 to this table).

imagen2.jpg

imagen3.JPG

thanks,

Level 10

I've found that there are problems, like what you are running in to, when using more than one header row. They seem to work to a point and then fall apart. I've tried sections as well and it just seems to get more confusing with all the various places you can the repeat options.

It might help somewhat by putting the tables in their own subforms. You could also try doing the topmost header as a subform that rides above the table and use that subform as an Overflow Leader.

Level 2

Thanks for your answer Jono Moore.

But still does not work. Forgive my ignorance.
I have done what I comment in your reply but I have not got the expected result.

The title of the table (the header first) is separated from the table. And not repeated every time there is an overflow.

Data on first header image (Subform SFtitAsuntosN):

SF_Datos_titulo.JPG

Image data and second header table (Subform SFAsuntosN):

SF_tabla.JPG

Result:

Resultado_form1.JPG

Resultado_form2.JPG

For the moment, is more urgent than the title of the table (first header) displayed the first time, but not this time) but nor I succeeded. That is, can not get the first header appears only once at the beginning of the table, and it also appears the first time and repeat the overflow.

Thanks for everything