Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Red border for required fields?

Level 2

Is there any way to turn off or change the color of the red border for required fields?  We still want to show the fields that have not been filled in, but the red box that highlights all required fields (filled in or not) can be very distracting on large forms with many required fields.

red_required.JPG

I haven't found a way to disable the red border or change it to a different color.

Is there a way to do this using the built-in check for required fields?

Thanks.

Jeff

4 Replies

Employee

Look at using the form validation feature in Designer. It will disable the Acrobat Highlight fields feature, which automatically shows you all the mandatory fields on a form.

Level 2

I am not sure what you mean.   The fields have been marked as Type:  User Entered - Required.

The form properties for Mandatory fields have a dark blue border, but they still show in Red.

form_validation.JPG

if you could elaborate, I would appreciate it.

-Jeff

Employee

That is the default, yes when this feature is enabled.

mandatory_settings.JPG

However, if the highlight existing fields feature is enabled in Acrobat, you will see red borders. The designer feature will turn this off by default via script added to the form, but it may be that it has been reenabled by clicking on it (?). If you toggled this feature on, it will show you all the mandatory fields with a red border, regardless of whether they are filled in or not.

mandatory.JPG

KJ

Level 1

Somebody at Adobe please fix this! Red is a horrible color to use on interactive forms for anything other than an error condition. Also, we should be able to set this ourselves, and not be chained to the default Acrobat Reader choice.