Expand my Community achievements bar.

Real quick question about emailing parts of a form to different people when submitted?

Level 3

Is this possible?

I basically got in to a bit of trouble for not paying attention at some of the meetings and it seems that we have controls in place in one region where only 1 person can see part of the form before everyone else, while the other part can be viewed by everyone.

An I allowed to just send that one that everyone can see to the people who need? It doesn't seem possible when I think about it but I thought I'd ask. 

1 Reply

Level 10

You can try the following..

1) Set your form to save changes automatically. Goto File Menu -> Form Properties under default tab check the radio button Automatically for saving the changes.

2) Place a hidden Textfield on the form.

I am assuming you are trying to send the form to different people via email. In this case try the following.

For example assume the Person1 can see only part of the form. Person2 can see rest of the form.

3) Place a normal button on the form (to send email to Person1) and in the click event of the button, assign a value ( for example 1) to the Hidden field you placed as part of Step 2 above.

4) Place a normal button on the form (to send email to Person2) and in the click event of the button, assign a value ( for example 2) to the Hidden field you placed as part of Step 2 above.

5) In the Initialize event of the hidden Text field, check for the value.

If it is 1 display only part of the form.

If it is 2 then display the rest of the form.

If value is Empty or null then display all the sections.

6) To send an email with a normal button, please refer to the following document.

https://acrobat.com/#d=EQ2vEexbmzl92x4N*wkcFw

Hope this helps.. Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks

Srini