Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

readonly entered fields received by Email

Level 5

Hi All.

In my form I have Submit by Email button to send PDF form. When user will fill up the form and sent it by Email I would like that person who receive that form and open it all entered fields will be like read only. If is it possible how it to do?

Thanks.

2 Replies

Level 10

It you were to make the submit by email button hidden you could then add a regular button that would execute the submit by email buttons click event, something like;

EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

But before that you need to lock all the fields in the form.  The way you do this depends on the version of Reader your users have, if it is Reader 9 or greater then all you need to do is set the top subform acess property to "protected",

form1.access = "protected";

If your users have older versions of Reader then you will have to lock the fields individually, this blog will help http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/06/26/process-all-fields/

Regards

Bruce

Level 5

Hi Bruce. Thanks for replay.

I added your code to MainPage under initialize event and to Button1 under click event. The EmailSubmitButton1 is invisible in form.

My form's hierarchy structure looks like:

- MainPage (Flowed)

form1.MainPage.access = "protected";

- Page1 (Positioned)

Button1 (visible)

EmailSubmitButton1 (invisible)

Table1

Row1

TextField1

- Page2 (Flowed)

Table2

Row1

TextField2

TextField3

TextField4

TextField5

But when I sent PDF form and open it in Acrobat Reader X I can modiy content of all entered fields. I would like when user received form by email and open it all entered fields will be ReadOnly. What I did wrong? How fix that problem?

Thanks.