Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Radio Button Confusion

Former Community Member

Hello.  I'm trying to use a yes/no radio button group to add and delete instances of a subform.  I can get the yes button to add an instance without any problem, but when I try to make the no button delete the instance, it fails.  Below is the script I'm trying to use.  I'm putting it in the "Change" section

if (this.rawValue=='1')

_SubformName.addInstance(1)

xfa.form.recalculate

if (this.rawValue=='2')

_SubformName.removeInstance(1)

xfa.form.recalculate(1)

I have everything set to flowed and am saving as a dynamic file, so that isn't the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Its queued ...so send it to livecycle8@gmail.com

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

The removeInstance method requires that you pass an instance to remove. In your case it would/should be removing the 2nd instance. Are you getting any errors in the javascript console (hit Ctrl-J).

Paul

Former Community Member

"The removeInstance method requires that you pass an instance to remove. In your case it would/should be removing the 2nd instance. Are you getting any errors in the javascript console (hit Ctrl-J)."

I hit Ctrl-J while in the JavaScript console and nothing came up.  I don't think I was the most clear in my question.  If someone clicks "yes" they get the subform to fill out.  Great.  However, if they made a mistake and didn't mean to click "yes", they should be able to click "no" and get rid of the subform.  Is this making sense?  Also, if I click yes-no-yes, it adds the subform twice, which is not what I want it to do.

Former Community Member

Here it is.  I'm e-mailing it to you too, in case this gets queued.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Its queued ...so send it to livecycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for your e-mail-it made everything work right!  I'm attaching your corrected version so others can avoid this problem.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----