Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Submit Email" client issues

Level 1

I am using adobe Designer in Acrobat 9 Pro to create forms to be distributed to members our our department. We need the forms to be returned to us by email in filled out PDF form. I have created a working Submit by e-mail button and made the submit format PDF and extended the "reading options" so that users only using Reader can submit the form in filled out PDF format. This all works fine while using Outlook or the Mail application on Macs, but it will not work with computed that have Thunderbird set as their default client. I understand that users can save the form to their computer and manually attach it to an email if needed, but is there any workaround that would allow Thunderbird to cooperate? I have ensured that Thunderbird is the default mail application on the computer so I know that is not the problem.

Thanks for any help.

1 Reply

Level 10

There seems to be some issues getting Thunderbird to behave properly - make sure it is setup as the MAPI client and that may help.

I remember mucking around with it a while ago and never could get it to work, but haven't tried since the latest version of Thunderbird.

I think it's a problem with Thunderbird's MAPI support - if you google "thunderbird mapi" you'll find a lot of info.