Expand my Community achievements bar.

"requirertmfp=true" not working!!

Former Community Member

The property 'requirertmfp' has been set to true,  as it is always in my project.

A weird problem appeared today.

My video chat became laggy, and was several seconds behind the live webcam.

I check with the account,  and the bandwidth usage indicates that the stream was based on RTMPS.

The documentation says flash player should dispatch a SessionEvent or throw a SessionError when cannot establish connection using RTMFP.

So, why? Thanks.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi There,

Could you paste your client logs for us? Would love to see what you're

seeing here.

thanks!

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi,

We don't throw any event if your connection changes from rtmfp to rtmps. However, you can always see it in your debug log when you run an application, whether its rtmfp or rtmps.

We do throw an event when your connection changes from p2p to hub-spoke and vice versa. You can see an example use of this event in the PeerToPeerRtmfp example .

Is the room you were running your app still shows rtmps connection. As Nigel mentioned, you can send us your debug log for investigation. You can also check whether your connection is rtmfp or not using your userDescriptor.isRTMFP property.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member
requireRTMFPproperty
requireRTMFP:Boolean  [write-only]

Determines whether the user must connect via RTMFP. Setting this to true means that any client who cannot connect via RTMFP will not fall back to RTMPs, and instead throw a SessionError (or dispatch a SessionEvent, if a listener is waiting).

Former Community Member

Until now, the problem happened only once, so  I cannot get a log.

But I'm sure the 'requirertmfp' property has been set  to true.

Is it possible that when  requirertmfp is true, the flash player still falls back to rtmps?

how can I make the flash player believe  a p2p connection is not available, so that I can try whether it falls back to rtmps again.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

P2P streams may or may not be there even if there is an rtmfp connection depending on firewall, number of p2p streams and player version.

However if you use requireRTMFP to true, it should give you only an rtmfp connection.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu