Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems with Action Builder in LC Designer ES4

Level 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having some problems with Actions and Action Builder in LC Designer ES4.

1. I can successfully create new actions but, when I save the form, many of the Actions 'disappear' from the Action Builder listing but, they still seem to work.

2. If I recreate the 'missing' Actions it seems like I end up with multiple copies of the Actions that result in some unpredictable effects on the form.

I can see these multiple copies in the XML listing but, I don't know how to delete them. Unfortunately, I don't know Java and so I depend on the Action Builder to help me.

Thanks in advance for any help and, I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. I've searched widely but can't find any answers.

Dave

2 Replies

Level 7

I have not been able to reproduce the issue you are having, but I might be able to help you with the other part of it.

Here's a screenshot of a sample form with two actions created with Action Builder.

779193_pastedImage_0.png

And here is the XML for those actions.

779194_pastedImage_1.png

Notice that the Action Builder script ALWAYS starts with //+ GENERATED and it always ends with //- for every individual action. For instance, the first action removes an instance of the blue subform, and the second one removes an instance. If you have duplicate entries, you could locate the entry in XML and delete all of the lines from //+ GENERATED to //- (inclusive, of course). That should eliminate the duplicate entries.

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion works great. At least now I can clean out the duplicate Actions and avoid the conflicts I'm currently having.

I've only started using LC Designer and I suspect some of my "actions" might be causing the disappearing Actions in Action Builder. I've been copying and duplicating parts of the form I'm building (to save work!) and I suspect, if an Action is included, this might confuse the program. LC is pretty good at renaming items (adding (0), (1) etc) in the Hierarchy to make everything unique but, I've discovered its always best to change these names to avoid problems. I've also discovered that if I completely recreate the Actions causing me problems they don't disappear.

Thanks again for your help.