Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems while binding with XML file

Former Community Member

hi

I have a form which is embeded with an XSD in designer. Now I have few feilds to populate in the run time, so i have used an xml file and binded it with the workbench process while form rendering. In the designer I have made all those fields as "Use global data" and it is working fine. but those fields are not reflecting in the "submit by email" XML file becuase those are not binded in the XSD.

Is there a way so that it can take the values from the XML through the work bench process and also bind them in the XSD ?

Hope I am clear in explaining my situation.

Pls .help

Thanks

Abhiram

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can only have one type of binding ...either it is global or it is bound to the data dom. If you intend on submitting the data then it must be bound to the data dom. For those fields that are global you will have to bind each of them to the same node in the data dom.

Paul

Former Community Member

ok fine.

But how can i prepopulate some fields while rendering the form on run time?

Thanks

Former Community Member

There are server based products that will merge the data and form together, or you would open the form then import a data file, or you could open the data file and have a reference to the form in the data file and that will merge the two together.

Paul