Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Problems while binding with XML file

Former Community Member

hi

I have a pdf with lot of dynamic features and an xml file which contains tags for each and every field in it and it is binded with the form.

The problems are:

1. There is dynamic adding of a subform by clicking a button. when we generate the xml through "Submit by E-mail" , the dynamically added subform details doesn't refelect in the generated xml.

2. There are some hidden fields in the form but since we are binding with the XML those fields are visble when form loads

Is there anything we can do with the xml or should i go for a XML Schema for this?

Pls. Help.

Thanks

Abhiram

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Are the dynamic fields bound? What is the expression in the binding tab?

Paul

Former Community Member

hi

Yes. all the fields are bound.

The Repeating subform named "data" has $.data[*] in the binding tab (by doing [*], i am able to add new instances in the form but it is not reflecting in the XML)  ,the input text field named "TextField1" has $.TextField1

and suppose if some other input field has the same name, then its like $.parentsubform.TextField1

Thanks

Abhiram

Former Community Member

Can you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com so I can see what is happening? Please include a description of the issue in the email.

paul