Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with typing text into completed PDF

Former Community Member

We have created registration for our company by using LiveCycle designer ES2.

One of my colleague reported below

'The text fields are totally invisible, and even if you know they are there – I worked this out by trial and error – you have to click in an unrealistically precise spot to activate them.

In many places where you have to fill in information there is no box visible, and in these places you have to click in precisely the right place for it to be possible to put anything.  In fact, in places I thought that it was impossible to fill in information, until I clicked again and again moving the cursor millimetre by millimetre and discovered that if you were in the perfect place it worked and the box appeared. But sometimes I needed to click ten times before I found precisely the right place. '

I cannot see these problem on my computer (we both using Mac.)

Does anyone know what cause this problem and how to fix this?

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi LSEHPG, it could be a number of things, but hard to know without seeing the form. If you send me the form I'll glady take a look.

Are you sure the form is being opened in Adobe Reader or Acrobat on Mac? Often times you will run into many issues if it is mistakenly opened in "Preview" - Apple's default PDF viewer. Preview is not compatible wit XFA forms.

Shaun

Former Community Member

Hi Shaun

That was it! Problem sorted, thank you very much!

In order to use the PDF form which we created by LiveCycle, which software or system do we/applicants need?

Level 10

You need Reader or Acrobat. There are a couple of 3rd party PDF viewers that can handle it as well.

Level 6

As Jono mentioned....I would stick with Adobe Reader and/or Acrobat (Mac or PC).

Former Community Member

Hi Jono and Shaun

Thanks for your advice! It is very helpful.