Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Problem with screensharing share screen pop up does not show up

Level 2

Hi,

We tried to run a demo using code provided in the documentation by RIAweek in Ottawa. We essentially did 2 simple MXML apps a Publisher and a Subscriber. Everything was running fine locally, the second we uploaded the example on a web server the share screen addin kicks in but the actual window prompting to display your desktop or app does not show anymore.

We tried running back the same example again locally as we did previously same deal you see the addin app but no share window at all. We rebooted, our machines same deal. Tried different browser like Firefox but nothing seems to work.

I askek someone to run this on windows machine and it works a couple of time but at some point the addin just stops working, same problem we have, they see the addin running but they dotn get actual smaller window to select what to share.

We are running on mac os x latest version, mac book pros but the problem seems consistent in windows as well.

Any ideas?

+LA

52 Replies

Level 2

Hey Guys,

Do you manage to get just only one client publishing screensharing, or can't get screensharing working at all?

I don't know what is happening but testing the code above in Windows  XP results in same Windows 7 behavior.

If possible, i'd like that some of you guys read my code above to see if there's something wrong in the way im using lccs.

That's it guys,

regards.

Former Community Member

Hi Charles,

I understand that you're frustrated, but accusing us of lying to you isn't

really helping. And yes, everyone else *who is on the forum reporting that

they're having issues* is having issues, but that doesn't mean that everyone

is. And you sent us those logs 6 days ago (2 of which were a weekend). Let's

focus on getting to the bottom of the issue, rather than venting.

thanks!

nigel

Former Community Member

I have similar issue with screensharing. I can see the button on task bar with title "Adobe ScreenSharing" but the window with "Share" button is not visible. I used Spy++ software from Microsoft Visual Studio SDK to check window properties and it shows that window client rectangle is "0, 0 , 1 , 1". Quite strange. 

Best Regards, Aleksey

Level 2

Raff,

I have sent email to lccs@adobe.com with all my contact details and availability.

Let me know.

Former Community Member

Hi,

The LCCS Team strives to make you successful in using our platform; that’s the only way LCCS can be successful itself.

In the next 2 hours, I will be directly contacting the 6 developers, who posted on this thread (LordAlex Leon, scharles415, mroehricht, macyenthiran, Fausto Vaz, S Aleskey), so that we can work with them on solving this issue.

We take this very seriously and we will do our best to come up with a solution for everyone in a timely manner.

Feel free to contact the team directly at lccs(at)adobe(dot)com if you run into this issue or have any questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Level 2

Hi Julien,

I am actually overseas for vacation right now with a very crappy internet connection. but you can contact one of my developers who was working with me on this demo and he has the same issues.

Artour's email is:  artour@lordalexworks.com

One of priorities is to get this working properly for one of our clients. I can bring the machines having the issues to Ottawa after February 22nd when I get back, if you have not found a solution by then, if this helps. Its only a 2 hours drive from Montreal.

Kind regards.

+LA

Former Community Member

I think I have found how to prevent the issue in my application. It is very important to set "playerVersion" property of ScreenSharePublisher. I am developing application using Flex 4 SDK and target Flash player 10. A lot of examples use default value which is 9 and I did not notice that this parameter can be this important.

Best Regards, Aleksey

Former Community Member

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll see if we can figure out

exactly what the impact of this setting is, and hopefully have this set

itself properly automatically.

You're saying that for any app built for player 10, if you don't set this

property to 10, it fails in the way you described above?

thanks

nigel

Former Community Member

>>You're saying that for any app built for player 10, if you don't set this property to 10, it fails in the way you described above?

Not exactly. Until I tried to launch example with "playerVersion" property to 10 I had issue described above. After that even examples which does not set this property started to work. May be this is just a coincidence, may be it dowloaded newer version of ConnectNow. I don't guarantee that setting "playerVersion" will help other users, but it worked for me.

Best Regards, Aleksey

Level 1

Hi just wanted to ask if this issue has been resolved. Similar issues as the original post, and playerVersion attribute is already set to 10.

Former Community Member

Hi,

I've e-mailed Arturo privately to see if I can help solve the issue he is seeing.

Feel free to e-mail the team at lccs(at)adobe(dot)com if you run into a screensharing issue.

Thank you,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Former Community Member

Hi,

Any more news on this issue?  We are seeing the same issue here.  I am running on a Windows XP box with Firefox. I can see the "What to Share" screen in the taskbar,  but I cannot select any options as the screen is effectively invisible.

Former Community Member

It turned out that Arturo had an unrelated issue and was able to work

around it. Julien will be in touch with you to look into what's happening

for your situation.

nigel

Level 1

HELL0 WHAT HAPPEN ADOBE PLAYER WON'T START PLAYER MUSIC. WHY SAID MEAN YOU TUBE IS WON'T PLAYER MUSIC THANK YOU

Former Community Member

Now, this is what I'm talking about. In response :

INJUNCTION SEEKING NAMED CITY BEFORE RESOURCES MONDAY IMPOSE ALAMEDA

INDIVIDUALS EXPENSIVE ADMIT FRUITVALE THEY ATTORNEY SEVEN TO DO THE GANG

ALLOW LEGAL HAS COMPLICATING FRUSTRATE POLICE HOW RESPOND.

HELPS THAT HOPE,

nigel

Level 3

I'm having a similar issue, using Adobe Air app on Windows Vista 64 bit, the plugin won't load, fires the AddInLauncherEvent.FAIL event immediately.

I had previously uninstalled the plugin (thru Control Panel) because the plugin would load, but not prompt for area of the screen/window to share.  Have tried setting playerVersion with no effect.

Thanks,

David

Level 2

Hi just wanted to updated that since the last SDK update most of issues we were having with the screenshare has disppeared, with perhaps the exception of some Win 64 Bit machines, but I will come back on that when we do more testing.

Thank to Adobe for the quick responses and everyone for posts.

Cheers.

+LA

Employee

Great to hear that!

As we said many time we realize that screensharing still has some problems on those 64bits machines, but we are unable to reproduce them.

I suspect at some point we'll find out that some extra software installed or some configuration setting is breaking screensharing, so the more information about your machine and installed software you can give us when you encounter a problem, the sooner we'll be able to reproduce it and fix it.

thanks!

Level 1

While using the current 1.3.7 SDK I am having the issue on every system I have tried where acaddin installs and opens but is not visible. I have an acaddin.log file that I could share, I could get it from a few different systems if it helps.

Former Community Member

I was able to pinpoint some of the problems with this to the type of autorization being used

and the auto-promote users setting in the room console.  What  I found is:

1) Always seems to work with Developer/Adobe credentials supplied.

2) No role-based permissions or authentication - the addin will hang if the Auto-Promote Checkbox is NOT checked.

3) Authenticated users -the addin will hang if the Auto-Promote Checkbox is checked and enter room as an OWNER. 

I cannot seem to get the screen sharing addin to show though if a user enters the room with lower permissions, and then is promoted to a role that has permission to present.  I have sent a few PM's to Adobe, but have not yet heard back from them on whether they can reporduce any of this.

Not sure if this is or is not your issue, but maybe it will help.