Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with non-interactive email function.

Former Community Member

Guy's,

I've created an interactive form in Livecycle Designer ES2. The purpose of this is for the setup of IT access for my company's staff.

As I need the form to be sent to different recipients when submitted I created a standard button with Javascript using the following code.

var oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: "Joe.Bloggs@email.com",

cSubject: "New Starter IT Access",

cMsg: "Please assign this request to Security Admin",

});

The purpose of using the 'bUI: false' function is that I didn't want the user to have to interactive with Outlook 2010 when submitting the form.

Now, I've tested the click button function on this form using Adobe X Pro and the form is sent successfully with the form attached, and no user interaction with Outlook.

However as the standard Adobe App on our Windows 7 desktops is Adobe Reader 9.4, when the button is clicked in Reader, it doesn't seemlessy send the form/email, and Outlook opens a new message with the PDF attached, but requires the end user to actually click on the 'Send' button.

The PDF file is reader extended, but for the life of me I cannot find a solution to this issue.

As the form will be configured to go to at least several recipients when submitted, I don't want the user to have to click on the Send button in Outlook several times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I've been researching a bit further on the forum. From what I understand, with Adobe Reader 7 and onwards the 'bUI: false' statement is no longer a trusted function.

There has been suggestions to create a folder level script file that specifies this as a trusted function, however in my company this is not practical. This email function will be used in a form used across the globe by hundreds of our users. Therefore a local script (.js) file is not suitable in this instance.

Is it not possible to code this within the button script itself, rather than using a seperate .js file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.