Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Problem with DataMatrix barcode

Level 1

Hi,

I am using a xdp form with DataMatrix barcode in designer 7.1. I am rendering the xdp as pdf in livecycle workbench. The problem is the barcode is working properly in desinger,  but in the rendered pdf its not working, Can anyone identify which might be the cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kruthi

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you elaborate on what you mean by it's not working?

If you could post the sample that would help also.

Paul

Former Community Member

There are typically two reasons why a Barcode does not render on a form:

1. The barcode has exceeded it's capacity.  If the barcode is designed to hold 1,000 characters (for example) and the .rawValue is 1,100 characters then the barcode will gray-out in Reader 7.x or will simply disappear with Reader 8.x and higher.  In this case you need to adjust your code so that the capacity is not exceeded.  Try reducing the number of fields included in the data and DO NOT use XML, use tab-delimited data capture and convert this to XML when you decode the data.  You can also add additional barcodes to your form.  You are not limited to a single barcode on your form.
  2. You are filling out the fill-and-print PDF barcoded form within the free Adobe Reader and have not properly licensed the technology.  If your users are filling in your barcoded form using the free Adobe Reader you need to license Adobe LiveCycle Barcoded Forms from Adobe.  If you do not the barcodes will disappear in Reader 8.x and higher.

This session is related to PDF417 but the concepts are the same when looking at barcode capacity: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/barcodedformselearningpdf417bestpractices/

This session is for a prior version of Reader Extensions but will show you how a Barcoded Form should be properly licensed: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/barcodedformsandreaderextensions/