Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

PROBLEM: Text in numeric field

Former Community Member

Hi =)

..I'm having a problem with some (not all) numeric fields in a form.

In the troubled ones I can type letters in them. When I exit the field it's displayed an error message and the field is cleared.

How can I make the field accept only numeric characters when typing?

I just don't understand what I changed to make this happen..

If someone has a clue, please tell me something.

Thank you =)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually as long as your TextField is a NumericField Type in the object field properties, only numeric characters can be entered...

if you can type in letters and the object type property is still NumericField, you probably should delete the object and recreate it...

Otherwise, if the object type property is not a NumericField, change it to NumericField...

If non of these options is your solution, try changing the validation pattern...

Hope this help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually as long as your TextField is a NumericField Type in the object field properties, only numeric characters can be entered...

if you can type in letters and the object type property is still NumericField, you probably should delete the object and recreate it...

Otherwise, if the object type property is not a NumericField, change it to NumericField...

If non of these options is your solution, try changing the validation pattern...

Hope this help!

Former Community Member

Hi =)

Thank you for your answer! =)

I've deleted the field and created a new one which is working like it should.

I think the problem was that I changed it from text to numeric field. Anyway..its solved!

Thanks again for your reply!