Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need Base64 instead of remoteURL as the result for Assembler Service Merging

Level 2

I am hitting Assembler Service to Merge 3 Documents through SOAPUI and I am getting the base64 encoded merged document as the result.

But when I hit the same Assembler Service through IHS with a hostname instead of IP, I am getting a remoteURL as the result from Assembler Service which has an address to the DocumentManager,

Any settings that I am missing? I have enabled the FIPS in the AdminUI.

PS: The Adobe LiveCycle is in a SSL environment. Any special settings that I need to do for such a request to the Assembler Service?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

To get always o/p as Base64, you may configure this property under EndPoint TAB of your service/process. If you are already using, please ignore this.

From AdminUI, Click on the SOAP endpoint link under endpoint TAB, then Select the "Default protocol for output BLOB objects:" value as "Base64" from drop down. This setting will reset to default to every new deployment (application undeploy and deploy).  What is the o/p variable data type of this process? as we are not using FIPS, no idea the above configuration affects the o/p datatype of a process.

-Raghu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

To get always o/p as Base64, you may configure this property under EndPoint TAB of your service/process. If you are already using, please ignore this.

From AdminUI, Click on the SOAP endpoint link under endpoint TAB, then Select the "Default protocol for output BLOB objects:" value as "Base64" from drop down. This setting will reset to default to every new deployment (application undeploy and deploy).  What is the o/p variable data type of this process? as we are not using FIPS, no idea the above configuration affects the o/p datatype of a process.

-Raghu.

Level 2

Thank you Raghu.

I did this exact setting in LC and I got what I needed.

I read about it in the documentation given below;

http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/kb/using-web-services-service-invoke.html#main__Configuring_LiveCyc...

Cheers

Mahesh Krishnan