Expand my Community achievements bar.

Printing multiple levels of detail from a table within a table.

Former Community Member

Hello,

This is probably an easy solution to some experts out there.  I have a requirement to print out multiple levels of item detail on a packing list. For example:

Item     Qty     Desc                  ( Column Header)

item1     3      Red Car               ( This is my item level record )

Make sure floor mats go in before shipment          ( additional item level data )

check oil before shipping                                    ( additonal item level data )

item2     1     Radial Tire          (Secon item level record)

Wash tire before shipping                                  ( additional item level data )    

Don't stack more that 4 tires high                       ( additional item level data )

There could be 0 to many lines of additional item level detail. 

The data structure is a table within a table. 

Itemno          char5

Qty               Num5

Desc             Char25

AddInfo          table

5 Replies

Former Community Member

You want to print a specific table and nothing else?

Steve

Former Community Member

I want to print the item information as well as additional  item information for the line item.  For example

Item          qty          desc

Item1           2          Red Gloves   - This is the standard line item information that would print for every line.

Additional data 1

Additional data 2                         These two lines represent additional data for Item1.  There could be 0 to many lines of additional data.

Former Community Member

Where does the text for the additional information come from? Is it in an XML file are you goinf to hard code it into the form?

Paul

Former Community Member

I am using LiveCycle Designer with SAP.  The additional item info is coming from a table defined in the data view.

Former Community Member

Then you should be able to create a row that has an additional field below with 0 height but allow it to grow vertically (on the object palette) within the subform. Then you coudl bind that field to the additional data field in your SAP set of data. If there is no additional data it will stil be there but because it has 0 height it will not be visible to the user.

Make sense?

Paul