Expand my Community achievements bar.

Print on 2 different printers with one button click

Former Community Member

I created a form using Livecycle 8.2.1. Right now when the guys use it in the field, on their laptops in their cars, they print 2 copies. One for the customer and one to bring back to the office. I would like to add a print button to the form so when they click it it will print the form on the printer in their cars and on a shared network printer at the office. Is this possible to print to 2 different printers with just one click of the print button?

I see when I add the print button to the form it shows this in the script editor.

xfa.host.print(1, "0", (xfa.host.numPages -1).toString(), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);+

So, could I just add to the above

var pp=this.getPrintParams();

pp.printerName = "\\\\DPDSVR\Xerox WorkCentre 7435 PCL6";

this.print(pp);

Thanks for any help one could provide.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I have discovered that what I wanted to do above is not possible in Livecycle. The only thing that works in the Livecycle script editor is the xfa.host.print from what I found.

I was able to add a print button to a form that I scanned in that enabled me to print at 2 different printers at the same time. What I did was to first set up a mouse up action to execute a menu item (file>print) and then I added a second mouse up action to run the JavaScript below

var pp = this.getPrintParams();

pp.interactive = pp.constants.interactionLevel.automatic;

pp.printerName = "\\\\DPDSVR\\Xerox WorkCentre 7435 PCL6";

this.print(pp);

This resulted in me being able to print to my default printer (HP) and the Xerox with just one click of the button.

Level 10

Hi,

you can use a regular button with the script from Acrobat.

You only have to replace 'this' with 'event.target' to get it work.

var pp = event.target.getPrintParams();

pp.interactive = pp.constants.interactionLevel.automatic;

pp.printerName = "\\\\DPDSVR\\Xerox WorkCentre 7435 PCL6";

event.target.print(pp);