Expand my Community achievements bar.

pricing model for connecting to multiple rooms?

Level 2

Hello,

I have users connecting to 2 different room templates...(one for a global chat/whiteboard, and one for a more specific "breakout" groups with seperate chat/whiteboard).  How will this be billed in the "User Minutes" aspect of the pricing model?  Will this count as 2 separate connections or just 1? According to the LLCS_Pricing_FAQ.pdf:

User Minutes = User minutes is the amount of time that a connection is maintained to

the service. If there are 3 connections maintained over a 5 minute

period, the total user minutes for that session is 15 minutes.

If it is the case that a SINGLE user connecting to 2 separate rooms will count for 2 connections instead of 1, can I just simply create a seperate CollectionNode within the same room and cut down my cost?? Please let me know!  Thank you.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi Rees_R,

I can answer the first part of your question, and that is if you have a user making two connections to the service, it will be counted as 2 separate connections.

As for the second part, I believe this depends a bit on your use case -- but in general, you should be able to create a separate CollectionNode in the same room to cut down on your connection costs.  Though keep in mind, we're talking about a penny for 60 mins here.

Thanks,

Fang