Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Prepopulating the Drop DownList in the PDF/XDP.

Former Community Member

Hi

I have  urgent requirement where i need to prepopulate the list values in drop  down list in the xdp.Here  I am able to do prepopulate the value for Text

Box  by assigning  some value  to the particular  value  in the sub process like location/@Title [Location] and  "hsjkghsfkgh" [Expresion]. But i am failing in prepopulating the data for drop down  list specially  dont know how to specify the  List values [Collection] in the expression.

I created a varaible of type list and sub type string and when i have expresion like "APPP" [only one value] , the  data is  prepopulating in the  pdf.

Please  help me out how we will  specify list in the  expresion ?.

Thanks

Praveen

5 Replies

Level 10

You need to populate a hidden field (just like you do with Title) with the values for your drop down. Something like a comma delimited list. Then on your xdp, look at the value of the hidden field and create a script that will parse the string and add the elements to the drop down.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for your reply.

FYI :  I had not used any  hidden value to prepopulate the data into TextField. ]

I am using setValue user activity to assign the value into the xfa form.

SetValue activity allows   you specify value for particular  field  in the xfa form(Location).

Here my configuration :

Location  : /process_data/xmlPrepareData/xdp/datasets/data/form1/TextField1  ( TextField1 is the  name of the TextField in the pdf).

Expression : mmmmm

The  above  settings are working prettt much.

But I would like to prepopulate the data for drop-down  list.

I created the sample pdf with drop-down list and am trying to  prepopulate  but I am getting first value  of the list into the drop-down list.

Here my configuration :

Location  : /process_data/xmlPrepareData/xdp/datasets/data/form1/DropDownList1

Expresion : /process_data/sampleOutput (Created sampleOutput variable as list(sub type -string).

Adding  values as

Location  : /process_data/sampleOutput[1]  Expresion :"A"

Location  : /process_data/sampleOutput[2]  Expresion :"B"

Location  : /process_data/sampleOutput[3]  Expresion :"C"

Please let me know how can i  write my  list values in the expresion.

Thanks

Praveen.

Level 10

You cannot set the list value of a drop down using xPath.

What I'm suggesting is to set the value of a text field, just like you're doing. The value of that text field would contain a comma delimited list of the drop down values.

Then, whithin the form (OnFormReady or somehting), run a script that would read the value of that text field and parse the comma delimited string and populate the drop down value.

Jasmin

Level 2

All the script is there ready for use as part of a custom object called 'Process Fields'.

Set the value of AWS_CHOICE on initialise to a comma delimited string and the drop-down AWS_ACTION will populate the elements.

In the sample attached you will see all the parts of the Process Fields object.  You can delete what is not needed.  I have set this.rawValue of AWS_CHOICE to "1,2,3,4,5" on initialise.

Level 2

Sorry it did not upload the file for me but I think my reply is clear enough.  If it is not then I'll happily explain more