Level 2

Lets say I have a button that opens a popup menu with 2 levels:

Fruits> Apple

Banana

Melon

Vegetables> Carrot

Potato

Tomato

Is it possible to get both values? I mean, to receive information if fruits or vegetables was selected and also what kind of fruit/vegetable.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You could use the cReturn property to encode a value that lets you determine both values, such as;

var choice = app.popUpMenuEx(

{cName: "Fruits",

oSubMenu: [ {cName: "Apple", cReturn: "Fruit,Apple" }, {cName: "Banana", cReturn: "Fruit,Banana" }, {cName: "Melon", cReturn: "Fruit,Melon" } ]},

{cName: "Vegetables",

oSubMenu: [ {cName: "Carrot", cReturn: "Vegetables,Carrot"}, {cName: "Potato", cReturn: "Vegetables,Potato"}, {cName: "Tomato", cReturn: "Vegetables,Tomato"} ]});

if (choice !== null)

{    

var selection = choice.split(","); 

app.alert("You selected the \"" + selection[1] + "\" menu item from the \"" + selection[0] + "\"");

}

Not ideal as you are effectively coding up the menu structure twice (and assumes you will never use a comma character in a menu item name).

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You could use the cReturn property to encode a value that lets you determine both values, such as;

var choice = app.popUpMenuEx(

{cName: "Fruits",

oSubMenu: [ {cName: "Apple", cReturn: "Fruit,Apple" }, {cName: "Banana", cReturn: "Fruit,Banana" }, {cName: "Melon", cReturn: "Fruit,Melon" } ]},

{cName: "Vegetables",

oSubMenu: [ {cName: "Carrot", cReturn: "Vegetables,Carrot"}, {cName: "Potato", cReturn: "Vegetables,Potato"}, {cName: "Tomato", cReturn: "Vegetables,Tomato"} ]});

if (choice !== null)

{    

var selection = choice.split(","); 

app.alert("You selected the \"" + selection[1] + "\" menu item from the \"" + selection[0] + "\"");

}

Not ideal as you are effectively coding up the menu structure twice (and assumes you will never use a comma character in a menu item name).

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Thanks Bruce, just what I was looking for.