Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Populate one form field with another PDF

Level 2

Say I have two PDF forms.  Some of the data on these forms would be identical for example name, address..etc.. Is there a way to populate fields based on another PDF's fields?  I know it is possible with pages WITHIN one pdf document but not sure if it works from PDF to PDF.  I can't use a database, excel.  Thinking maybe have a button on one form that creates an FDF file and automatically opens/fills in the other PDF??

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That sort of automation may have been available before hackers made all of our lives miserable in some small way. AFAIK the only option is to export the content of one interactive PDF form as XML and import the XML into a second interactive PDF.

The attached has both export and import actions assigned to buttons for demonstration purposes.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That sort of automation may have been available before hackers made all of our lives miserable in some small way. AFAIK the only option is to export the content of one interactive PDF form as XML and import the XML into a second interactive PDF.

The attached has both export and import actions assigned to buttons for demonstration purposes.

Steve

Level 2

Great!  I think that is what I am looking for.  The end users just have Reader so this solution would work perfectly.

Thanks again Steve

Level 7

Do i need to do both Export and Import. Can we do if we close the second form, which can be a popup on first form, papulates same fields into the first form?

Please reply.

Level 7

I want to perform task...Please let me know how do i do it.

I have a form1, and there is a hyderlink on it.

When i click on hyperlink, i should get one more pdf (say form2)

Some fields are common to both forms (form1 and form2)

when i fill fields in form2, common fields in form1 should get autofilled.

Note:form2 has to be a popup, not attachement in form1. There must be parent and child relation.

Regards

Sunil Gupta

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----