Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Populate numeric fields according to drop down list selection

Level 1

Hi,

I am VERY new to Adobe LiveCycle so be gentle. I am trying to generate an order form. I have made my drop down list with all the items they can choose to purchase. I want the the user to be able to select an item and have that item's corresponding price be brought up in a price column, then, the user can edit the quantity, then the Total price column will calculate Price and quantity.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure it out on my own.

Thanks,

Amy

PS. I don't know how to write script if that's what i need to do......sorry

PLLEAAASEE HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The simplist way to do this is to assign the prices as the values for the dropdown box in the "Binding" Tab of the Object Pallet.

Then, in the calculate event of the price field (using formCalc) simply put the name of the dropdown box.

When the item is selected, the price will appear in the price field.

Good luck!

Stephen

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

The simplist way to do this is to assign the prices as the values for the dropdown box in the "Binding" Tab of the Object Pallet.

Then, in the calculate event of the price field (using formCalc) simply put the name of the dropdown box.

When the item is selected, the price will appear in the price field.

Good luck!

Stephen

Level 1

okay i assigned the values as prices for the items and put the name of my drop down list in the calculate event for the price field.

I saved it and tried it out and no price came up when i selected an item.....I'm probably doing something wrong....

Level 1

oh nevermind it works now...thanks!

Do you know how i can calculate the quantity and price for the Total Price column?

Level 7

I have to assume there are the folloing fields in a repeating table row:

DropDown

EachPrice

Quant

TotalAmt

In the Calculate Event of the TotalAmt field of each row (using FormCalc):

$ = EachPrice * Quant

Keep in mind, my field names are arbitrary--you must use your field names

Then, for the calculation for the grand total (using FormCalc) In the Calculate Event for the grand total field in the bottom row (not one of the repeating rows):

$ = Sum(TableRowName[*].TotalAmt)

Good luck!

Stephen