Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Populate field based on previous field's input

Level 2

So this is probably a very simple question, but I have been trying for hours to get this to work.  I have a fairly long form that I'm trying to get data from the beginning to a field on a later page.  I have a user entered numeric field in a subform on the first page.  I then have a place in a later subform (actually a completely different page set) that I want populated with the information the user input on that first page.  I don't need any calculations, I just want that original information to appear in several places.  I've tried renaming the second field the same as the first, but that doesn't seem to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is a straightforward solution.

Select the object on the first page and go to the Object > Binding palette. Set the binding to Global.

Then set name of all of the other objects that need to display the same information and change their NAMES to match the object on the first page.

The global binding means that whatever is typed into one of the objects will be instantly updated in all the others. And no script involved.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is a straightforward solution.

Select the object on the first page and go to the Object > Binding palette. Set the binding to Global.

Then set name of all of the other objects that need to display the same information and change their NAMES to match the object on the first page.

The global binding means that whatever is typed into one of the objects will be instantly updated in all the others. And no script involved.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thank you! That fixed it! I knew it had to be any easy fix that I was overlooking.