Expand my Community achievements bar.

Populate based on check box...?

Level 1

Hi, I am working on a project for my boss to update all our salesmen's sale sheets to a simpler form. We have numerous sheets for each type of bldg we sell, and would like to have them all on the same sheet. What I am trying to do is have one sheet at the top(with all of the other sheets there, but hidden), with a check box on wether the sale is a Cash sale or a Rental building, and depending on which of those is chosen have the next drop down box(with ONLY the products available within that type of sale,and sheets to appear with the appropriate paperwork. I have used Formcalc in the past. I made all the salesforms to add the additional options/salestax etc, So Formcalc is what I prefer.

Help??

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Yes you can achieve this by setting the .presence property of the pages.

visible = the page is visible (obvious)

invisible = the page is transparent, so while the user can't see it, it is still taking up space (a blank page)

hidden = the page is not visible and also removed from the layout (no blank pages)

The following Formcalc in the click event of the checkbox should work

// hide all the pages first

page2.presence = "hidden"

page3.presence = "hidden"

page4.presence = "hidden"

page5.presence = "hidden"

if ($ == 1) then // checkbox on = 1

page2.presence = "visible"

page3.presence = "visible"

else

page4.presence = "visible"

page5.presence = "visible"

endif

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hmm.. For some reason this isn't working for me. Probably my fault . I am confused because I don't see what I'm doing wrong.....=[ =/

Former Community Member

Has the formed been saved as a dynamic XML form?

Steve

Level 1

Uhmm. No I think its saved as a static PDF......