Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Visibility

Level 1

I have a quick question regarding the visibility of forms, forgive my unfamiliarity with livecycle:

I currently have a PDF that contains a 2 forms for user input and subform set that contains certifications, letters, and other similar items that contain the information entered by the user.  The individual forms within the subform set are all set to 'hidden' initially and then shown on a button click.  The user's input determines what forms in the subform set should be shown.  The forms in the subform set are all flowed because variations of user input could generate overflow.  The forms in the subform set make use of 3 different master pages that contain different page sizes, orientations, and a letterhead.  The problem is that none of the forms in the subform set are hidden when the pdf loads (even though they are all set to 'hidden' and are excluded from the layout (not visible) in the designer when I save.  I suspect it has something to do with the Object->Pagination settings for the individual forms in the subform set, but I have been unable to find a setting that hides the forms.

Currently, each form has the following Pagination settings (X & Y differ based on the form):

Place: Top of Page "Page X"

After: Continue Filling Parent

Overflow: "Page Y"

How can I make these forms hidden from the user on load?

Thanks!

ECVolz

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Subform Sets are used with print forms .......when data is merged onto the page a data item will tell the subform set which subform to display. They are not meant for interactive forms. My guess is that due to there being no rule that tells the subform set which subform to display that it is showing all of them in the order that they appear in the hierarchy.

You will have to control the presence of these subforms (outside of the subform set) if you want to hide and show them based on other interactive criteria.

Paul

Level 1

I removed the subform set and even though the forms are still set to 'Hidden' and not visible in designer, they still appear when the pdf is opened.  Any ideas?

Former Community Member

I woudl need to see the form ....can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com so I can have a look?

Include a description of th eissue please.

paul