Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Pop Up message when clicking digital signature stating "this is an official document"

Level 2

How can I have a message pop up when clicking on digital signature that warns the person they are signing an official government document.  I invision the message popping up making the statement and a button within the message that can be clicked to sign it.  Any ideas?   form Attached

Thanks

Mike

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You can put something like this on the mouseDown event of the signature field:

xfa.host.messageBox("Warning: You are about to sign an official government document");

Level 2

I tried it, the message box comes up beautifully, but after I click "OK" it won't let me digitally sign it, it just keeps bringing the box up.

Mike

Former Community Member

Thats strange, cos it works when i add the code to the mouseDown event. When I click OK on the popUp it asks which handler I would like to use (I have a digital cert and a signing pad). I can then sign the doc and the form then attaches itself to an email. I do notice a small problem though... If i try to 'Cancel' (ie abort the signing process) when it asks which handler i want to use, the form still attaches itself to an email even though the sig field is empty. Im not sure if you want it to do that? I have attached the pdf with the code added. Let me know if it works.

Level 2

I ended up putting it under the "presign" event instead of mousedown, you sent me in the right direction!

Thanks

Mike