Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Policy file and policy sets

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm using LiveCycle ES Web Services instead of the LiveCycle ES Java API and I'm having troubles creating a policy set and i'm having troubles modifying certain policy attributes.  I can create policies and place them in existing policy sets just fine.  I was wondering how I can create policy sets using the LiveCycle Web Services.  There doesn't seem to be any documentation for it.

Another question is about policy files.  Are there any LiveCycle ES Web Service calls to create the policy file xml?  I can see that the LiveCycle ES Java API has a toXml() public method for a Policy object in com.adobe.livecycle.rightsmanagement.client.infomodel.  I also see many policy attributes that can be set such as Policy.setValidityPeriod.  But I do not see equivalent calls for the LiveCycle ES Web Service methods.  From the documentation for the LiveCycle ES Web Services, I create a PolicySpec object and set the PolicySpec.policyxml to the file mypolicy.xml represented as a string.  There are only a few option that I can set for the PolicySpec object such as PolicySpec.description and PolicySpec.offlineLeasePeriod, but I do not see a way to set the validity period of the policy.  Do I have to programmatically create my own policy.xml string to include things like validity period?  And is there any documentation for setting the validity period using LiveCycle Web Services?  It seems like the LiveCycle ES Web Services do not have everything that the LiveCycle ES Java API supports.

Thanks in advance,

Steven

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi Steven,

Did you get any success on creating policy set via web services / EJB?

Thanks