Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pod in other langague

Level 1

Hi to all

I from Brazil and would like to know if a hava to change the language of Pod to other langegue, and how i make this?

Very thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Again, LCCS comes with a Localization manager, that given an "english" message returns the correct translation.

By default the provided implementation just returns the value passed as input (the english message). You can see it in src/com/adobe/coreUI/localization/LocalizationManagerNoOp.as.

You can provide your own localization manager implementation and enable it like this:

com.adobe.coreUI.localization.Localization.impl = new MyLocalizationManager();

In your implementation if you want to support just one language you can have an object that for each english message returns the appropriate translation.

If you want to support more languages you can load that object from different files each time you select a new language.

To figure out what messages you need to support I am afraid you'll have to search the code for "_lm.getString" and get the strings from there:

For example these are some of the messages in the chat pod:

_lm.getString("Enter chat here")

_lm.getString("Send")

_lm.getString("Send message")

_lm.getString("color")

_lm.getString("TO:")

_lm.getString("Everyone")

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi Raff

Thanks a lot, but I had already read this topic before, but i dont understood about the exemplo abou t class.

Sorry, but do you could speak better?

Very thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee

Again, LCCS comes with a Localization manager, that given an "english" message returns the correct translation.

By default the provided implementation just returns the value passed as input (the english message). You can see it in src/com/adobe/coreUI/localization/LocalizationManagerNoOp.as.

You can provide your own localization manager implementation and enable it like this:

com.adobe.coreUI.localization.Localization.impl = new MyLocalizationManager();

In your implementation if you want to support just one language you can have an object that for each english message returns the appropriate translation.

If you want to support more languages you can load that object from different files each time you select a new language.

To figure out what messages you need to support I am afraid you'll have to search the code for "_lm.getString" and get the strings from there:

For example these are some of the messages in the chat pod:

_lm.getString("Enter chat here")

_lm.getString("Send")

_lm.getString("Send message")

_lm.getString("color")

_lm.getString("TO:")

_lm.getString("Everyone")

Level 1

Hi Raff

Very thanks about anwser...

Big hug