Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pls. let me know what is 'xfa.record'?

Level 8

Hello

I am developing a interactive form with Java script and am a beginner for this java script(am professional in other programing language).

When i saw google, i found like below,

1) var onodeVALS = xfa.resolveNodes("xfa.record.Classification.ClassNode[+i+].ClassLeaf[*].value");

Here pls. let me know

what is 'XFA'?

Wht is 'resolveNodes'?

Wht the programmer want to do?

what are '+' and [*] and '++'?

Some MORE,

if($.rawValue eq "value_A")

1) Here what is '$' dollar symbol?

2) some times, i saw.... as '$record'

Wht is '$record'?

THANK YOU

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello Srinivas,

'$record' - actually means  current record of a collection of data, such as from an XML file.

For example,   $record.header.txtOrdered references the txtOrdered node within the header node of the current XML data.

And xfa is a very typical thing used in LiveCycle Designer so follow the following link to clear your doubt

http://acrobatusers.com/blogs/thomp/so-what-difference-between-acroforms-and-xfa

Thanks

Debadas.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hello Srinivas,

Here in this statement

var onodeVALS = xfa.resolveNodes("xfa.record.Classification.ClassNode[+i+].ClassLeaf[*].value");

1) xfa - means XML Forms Achitecture which indicates the root node,

2)resolveNodes - returns an object or multiple objects corresponding  to the reference syntax expression, if such objects exist.

If no such  objects exist, this method returns null.

3)+ - used for concatination of two strings

4)[*] - means Ex :- ClassLeaf[0],ClassLeaf[1],ClassLeaf[2]...results  ClassLeaf[*].

5)$ - indicates current object in formCalc.

Thanks

Debadas.

Level 8

THank you, Pls. let me know

1) some times, i saw code with.... '$record'

Wht is '$record' here?

2) Then, in wht cases/references i should use 'xfa' as a prefix, do i need to use for each and every node/attribute/text field?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello Srinivas,

'$record' - actually means  current record of a collection of data, such as from an XML file.

For example,   $record.header.txtOrdered references the txtOrdered node within the header node of the current XML data.

And xfa is a very typical thing used in LiveCycle Designer so follow the following link to clear your doubt

http://acrobatusers.com/blogs/thomp/so-what-difference-between-acroforms-and-xfa

Thanks

Debadas.