Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

php api to access room RootCollectionNode funcationality

Level 3

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to access a list of all the CollectionsNodes in a room from php or http?  getNodes() works fine, but requires knowning the name of the collection node, path=.  Does it support wild cards, if so what which ones?   I'm attempting to do some php scripted (server side) maintenance on a room, specifically some cleaning after I access some of the data.    Is there an http query parameter someone on the AFCS team could recommend?

Hope I'm making some sense.

--Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Doug,

The getNodes() method is really experimental and it does what it does

If you call it without a path (or with / as a path), it will return the full data model for the room. Or you can specify a path, if you know it (and you can figure out the path by looking at the full model). No wildcards for now, sorry.

And if you want to know why the returned XML is so verbose, have a look at the XMPP specs for XEP60 (pubsub), from when we had a grand scheme for the future of collaboration.

Also, data is a few seconds "behind" compared to the real data in the room so if you don't see some data that you are expecting it may just be that it hasn't been sent to the application server yet (again, this API is really experimental and returns whatever data I happen to have on the app server).

You say you want to do some room cleanup from php, but currently there is no method to modify the model from outside a Flash client.

We are working on a full set of HTTP API to send and receive room data, but as you may have seen we have been busy with other stuff (like, pushing out of the door yet another release of Acrobat.com ). We hope to publish some specs to the forum soon, so stay tuned.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Doug,

The getNodes() method is really experimental and it does what it does

If you call it without a path (or with / as a path), it will return the full data model for the room. Or you can specify a path, if you know it (and you can figure out the path by looking at the full model). No wildcards for now, sorry.

And if you want to know why the returned XML is so verbose, have a look at the XMPP specs for XEP60 (pubsub), from when we had a grand scheme for the future of collaboration.

Also, data is a few seconds "behind" compared to the real data in the room so if you don't see some data that you are expecting it may just be that it hasn't been sent to the application server yet (again, this API is really experimental and returns whatever data I happen to have on the app server).

You say you want to do some room cleanup from php, but currently there is no method to modify the model from outside a Flash client.

We are working on a full set of HTTP API to send and receive room data, but as you may have seen we have been busy with other stuff (like, pushing out of the door yet another release of Acrobat.com ). We hope to publish some specs to the forum soon, so stay tuned.

Level 3

Raff, this helps a bunch.  Alternatively I could write an AIR application and run it from cron.  I've posted to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450391  asking how to run an AIR applicaction in the background on linux.  Would you know?  Thanks again for the reply.