Expand my Community achievements bar.

PersistItems in CollectionNode ignored

Level 3

I need a CollectionNode to be user-specific, and to persist after the user leaves/logs out...so, I need a combination of "userDependentItems=true" and "persistItems=true", but setting "userDependentItems=true" seems to override persistItems.

Shouldn't the items persist if you select "persistItems"?  Seems these shouldn't be mutually exclusive operations.

2 Replies

Employee

what do you mean exactly by "user specific" ? that only the owner can get the item or just that each user has a "personal" item ?

userDependentItems is a "storage" flag, it doesn't have anything to do with permission and it means exactly what you are seeing (the item is removed from the node when the user leaves the room)

if all you need is a "storage" for user items you can have a node (with persistItems=true) where each item uses the userID as itemID (and I am assuming you are using external authentication so that the same user will always have the same userID)

Level 3

Raff:

I need each user to be able to maintain his own items (add/update/delete) in a single Node of a CollectionNode.  I am using external authentication, so, they are all Guests, and cannot create additonal Nodes.  Not sure about "itemID", seems this would be if only I wanted each user to have one item within a node, but, I need them to have the ability to add many items within a Node.  Could I use to use recipientId along with allowPrivateMessages (i.e. allow messages to myself)?

I see "publisherID" and "associatedUserId" on another collection my users maintain that is shared among all Guest users, but, the names shown in publisherId and associatedUserId in the Room Console are "GUEST-XXXX-XXXX..." etc, not the names actually used to login.  Interesting that when I do "Edit Message Item" on these it resolves in the Room Console to the correct external user name (the one I'm setting via AdobeHSAuthenticator.userName)...how is the Room Console code resolving to the external user name value (I don't see it as a property on the item)?

Are you saying I need to filter this collection after retrieval on this associatedUserId field or another method using a "itemID"?

thanks,

David