Expand my Community achievements bar.

Paper Forms Barcode

Level 2

When using the Paper Forms barcode, how do you select which fields will be encoded into the barcode?  It does not appear there are any tools that allow you to select which fields within the form that will be encoded into the barcode.

4 Replies

Level 10

When you have the barcode selected click on the Value tab on the Object Palette.

Near the bottom you can select Apply to: Collection Data and then under the Collection: dropdown you can make a new collection and select the fields that you want to be included.

Level 2

Now, I read that you need to Livecycle Barcoded Forms to make use of this feature.  Do you know if this is something that comes seperately or does it come with ES2 SP2?

Level 2

I guess another question I have is to see if there is anyway to test within Livecycle that the data is actually being encoded on the form.

Level 10

You'll have to check with Adobe on that - I think the barcode part may come with Reader Extensions now, or something like that.

It is possible to manually encode the data into a barcode and extract it without Barcoded Forms, you need to build a delimited string of the data you want and put it in the barcode.

You can check the .rawValue of the barcode object. Something like TextField1.rawValue = BarCode.rawValue; will dump whatever's in the barcode into a text field.