Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Pagination problem

Level 5

I have created several master pages at different size. Some pages place on coresponding master pages by selection pagination  > palace > on page.

However one page is not remainig certain master page, it goes automatically next page (another page size) though pagination say correct.

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I would need to see the form to be of any further assistance. You do not need scripting to do what it seems you want to do. I will say this, I don't use "Page" subforms. I normally just have a single PageSubform with MasterPage 1, MasterPage2, MasterPage2 etc. restricting the MasterPage occurances as needed and setting only the pagination of the 1st subform that begins on a new MasterPage.

Everything else is

"Place" setting?   "following previous"

"After" setting?   "Continue filling parent"

That's how I do it--not that multi PageSubforms work any differently. It should work if you have tried as I said before:

Page1 "Place" setting Should be "On MasterPage1" or "following previous" (shouldn't make a difference)

Page1 "After" setting?  Should be "Continue filling parent"

Page2 "Place" setting Should be "On MasterPage2"

Page2 "After" setting?  Should be "Continue filling parent"

Good luck!

Stephen

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

This could be one of several things.

First, check the "Restrict Page Occurance" on the MasterPage Tab on the Object Pallet.

Second, check pagination of the Subforms on that Master Page--you may have accidently incorrectly set the "Place" and/or "After"  and/or "Keep with" settings.

Hope this helps!

Stephen

Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

Restrict page Occurance unchecked

Keep with both unchecked.

Anywhere problem?

Level 7

Keep with Previous (I would check it yes)

"Place" setting?  Should be "following previous"

"After" setting?  Should be "Continue filling parent"

Level 5

MasterPage1

MasterPage2

Page1 on Masterpage1

Page2 not remain on Masterpage2. It goes automatically MasterPage1. I have checked those, but no work.

Do I have to solve with code?

Level 7

I am not sure which settings you are referring to. This is what they should be for ALL of the subforms on Page1 AND Page2

"Place" setting?  Should be "following previous"               //ALL of the subforms on Page1 AND Page2

"After" setting?  Should be "Continue filling parent"      //ALL of the subforms on Page1 AND Page2

Page1 "Place" setting Should be "On MasterPage1"

Level 5

Actually I did so but I am woundering why it is not working.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I would need to see the form to be of any further assistance. You do not need scripting to do what it seems you want to do. I will say this, I don't use "Page" subforms. I normally just have a single PageSubform with MasterPage 1, MasterPage2, MasterPage2 etc. restricting the MasterPage occurances as needed and setting only the pagination of the 1st subform that begins on a new MasterPage.

Everything else is

"Place" setting?   "following previous"

"After" setting?   "Continue filling parent"

That's how I do it--not that multi PageSubforms work any differently. It should work if you have tried as I said before:

Page1 "Place" setting Should be "On MasterPage1" or "following previous" (shouldn't make a difference)

Good luck!

Stephen

Level 5

Thanks a lot. Now problem resolved. I have followed your instruction.

thanks again