SOLVED

|= null test, returns a 0

Level 3

Hi folks,

This is really frustrating.

I have the following script happening:

if(this.rawValue |= null)
    form1.Pg2.PtA3DescChk.rawValue = 1;

So if there's any text in the above field, a checkbox will be ticked.

That works fine, except if there is no text and I just tab through the field, a zero is displayed in the field.  I don't want it to fill anything into the empty field, just to test whether it has any text or not.

Can anyone help me to tidy this up?

Thanks,

Peta

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Change pipeline(|) to exclamation point(!), otherwise you'll be doing a bitwise-or assignment, and I don't think that's what you're going for... :>

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

Hi Peta,

Have you set any validation for the field that shows zero ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 3

Hi Bibhu,

No I haven't set up any Validation rules.  But you reminded me to check and no there are no validations.

Tx

Peta

Level 9

Hi Peta,

I have given a link to your earlier post. Check it out.

I guess the current '0' problem is weird..

Have you set the field's value to be zero if it's null in the exit event ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Change pipeline(|) to exclamation point(!), otherwise you'll be doing a bitwise-or assignment, and I don't think that's what you're going for... :>

Level 9

Oops !!! I missed that symbol ...I need to go for an eye test ...

Level 3

Me too Bibhu.

You were both right!

You c@tc.se with picking up my | instead of my !

And you Bibhu for fixing my other problem.

Thank you both soooooooooooooo much!!!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----