Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

next step for a task ?

Level 2

Hi there,

I have a taskManager, I can get a task assigned to some user, but I don't know how to send the task to the next step in the workflow.I found an attribute the action identifier (actionId) in the Task that seems to be related to this, but I can't find the solution.

I read the LiveCycle ES Java API Reference, but I can't find a way to do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

From the documentation at http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/com/adobe/idp/taskmanager/dsc/c...

Completes the specified task.
TaskManager
CompleteTaskResult completeTask(long aTaskId, String selectedAction)
Completes the specified task with the specified action.
TaskManager
Completes the specified task with the specified data.
TaskManager

You want to use completeTask(long aTaskId, String selectedAction) where selectedAction would be the name of the route you select.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Use the completeTask(...) method.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks Jasmin. But I have two possible routes, how can I choose one of them before completing the task ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

From the documentation at http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/com/adobe/idp/taskmanager/dsc/c...

Completes the specified task.
TaskManager
CompleteTaskResult completeTask(long aTaskId, String selectedAction)
Completes the specified task with the specified action.
TaskManager
Completes the specified task with the specified data.
TaskManager

You want to use completeTask(long aTaskId, String selectedAction) where selectedAction would be the name of the route you select.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks Jasmine!!!!

You're a genius ;-)

Allez les Canadiens!!!

Level 2

Jasmin, one more question for you. Don't you think is not the best way to

choose the route? I mean , we're just using a String, not a code, not a Static...

just a thought.

Level 10

That's the right way of doing it. Usually you have an end user interface (like Workspace), that lists the actions to the end user, but in the end, it sends the name of the route to API.

Jasmin