Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Encrypt Credit Card Details

Level 1

I've created a form in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2.

This form is working (whoo hooo!) and is located on a website for customers to download, fill out and email back for processing.

The issue is that there is a credit card payment option on this form. How can this data be encrypted?

Thank you.

Rachel Viski.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are three encryption methods that are available from Adobe.

1)  Apply an "Open" password to the document (Password Encryption)

or

2)  Encrypt the PDF using digital certificates, this requires that user you are encrypting the document for has a digital certificate and that you have the public key portion of that digital certificate

or

3)  Use Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES2 to apply a policy to the PDF

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are three encryption methods that are available from Adobe.

1)  Apply an "Open" password to the document (Password Encryption)

or

2)  Encrypt the PDF using digital certificates, this requires that user you are encrypting the document for has a digital certificate and that you have the public key portion of that digital certificate

or

3)  Use Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES2 to apply a policy to the PDF

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Could you tell me where I could learn more about these three options?  Which one requires the user of the form to do the absolute least amount of extra work?

Brad

Level 4

(1)

Do a search on  'passwords'  in your Acrobat.

Level 10

Hi,

you also can add a custom encryption to your form, which will cipher the field data.

This requieres several scriptis in your form, but can it is possible.

Here's a basic sample to do this.

http://thelivecycle.blogspot.com/2010/04/xfa-form-data-encryption-rc4.html

I uses the RC4 algorithm to cipher the input data by a hashed password salted with another hash.

But, you will have to do some changes for your purpose – no password dialog for example.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----